The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, November 21, 2022 at 6:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
Spectrum Channel 7
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- October 17, 2022 Regular Council Meeting.
- November 10, 2022 Special Council Meeting.
- November 14, 2022 Organizational Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
- Appointment of Councilors to various City Committees by the Chairman of the City Council.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Small Business Day Proclamation – November 26, 2022.
9. Abandoned/Dangerous building located at 16 Fifth Street
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
10. Public hearing and action on the following business licenses:
- Stephen Curtin, DBA Steamy Buddha Café, 50 Church Street for a new State liquor license Class I, II, III and IV and upgrade to City Class C license from Victualer.
- Ryan Lounder, DBA Strike N Slice, 25 Eastward Lane Suite 6, for a new City Class C license and State liquor license Class I, II, III, and IV
- E.T.C. LLC, DBA Dyon’s, 35 Eastward Lane, for a renewal of State liquor Tennis Club class III and IV.
11. Council Order #112100, Request of the Waste Water Superintendent to award a bid for a new truck
12. Public hearing and action on an increase to the Water Department rate for consumers
13. Council Order #112101, Request of the Facilities Director to award a cleaning contract for city property.
14. Council Order #112102, Request of the Public Works Director to award a bid for a highway plow truck.
15. Discuss ways to improve the notification of meetings/agenda items to the public and make the process more cost effective
16. Discussion and action to enforce the City’s odor ordinance against Maine Organics in the city industrial park
17. Discussion and update on the status of securing a facilitator for the development of the comprehensive plan and consideration for forming an oversight group (Sponsored by Hamilton)
18. Council Comments
11-21-2022 City Council Meeting Packet
Updated 2022 Plow Truck Quote for 11-21-2022 Meeting