The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, September 20, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
Meetings will be broadcast live on:
Spectrum Channel 1303
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 08/16/2021 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Reggie Winslow, for 5 years as the Ellsworth Water Department Superintendent.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #092100, Request of the City Clerk for approval on the time polling places open for the November 2, 2021 State of Maine Referendum Election and City of Ellsworth Municipal Election as 8:00 AM. *
10. Council Order #092101, Request of the City Clerk for appointment of Wardens and Ward Clerks for the four voting districts within the City of Ellsworth for the November 2, 2021 State of Maine Referendum Election and City of Ellsworth Municipal Election. *
11. Council Order #092102, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on a Real Estate Purchase Installment Contract (REPIC), property located at 53 Pine Street (Map 134 Lot 115), and to authorize the City Manager to release said property through a Municipal Quit-Claim Deed. *
12. Council Order #092103, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Eric Marichal as a member of the Commission with a term to expire on June 30, 2022. *
13. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
- Provender, LLC d/b/a Provender, 112 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV), Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License.
- Acadia Bowling Lanes LLC d/b/a D’Amanda’s, 25 Eastward Lane, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Arcade) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class IV) Malt Liquor (beer) Liquor License.Da Butler Did it, LLC d/b/a Dragonfire Pizza, 248 State Street, for a new City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Arcade < 12 devices) and a new State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt Liquor (beer) and Vinous Liquor License.
14. Council Order #092104, Request of the Public Works Director to accept the Winter Salt Bid.
15. Council Order #092105, Request of the Public Works Director to purchase a 1 ton 4WD single cab work truck, and authorize the City Manager to sign all necessary agreements.
16. Council Order #092106, Request of the Public Works Director to approve the purchase of a single axle plow truck from Daigle and Houghton.
17. Council Order #092107, Request of the Public Works Director to accept the Hot Mix Asphalt Bid.
18. Council Order #092108, Request of the Public Works Director to award the bid for the Water Street Drainage project.
19. Council Order #092109, Request of the City Assessor for the City Council to grant him the authority to appeal a decision made by the Ellsworth Appeals Board.
20. Council Order #092110, Request of the Finance Director to amend the Alewives Harvesting Contract.
21. Council Order #092111, Discussion and action on authorizing the possibility of adding accessible equipment to the Knowlton Park Playground. (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton)
22. Council Order #092112, Discussion and action on authorizing city staff to develop an ordinance that restricts the overnight mooring/anchoring of boats, floats, houseboats, or other floating structures to landowners and/or individuals who have received written permission from a landowner. (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton)
23. Executive session for consultations between a body or agency and its attorney in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6E.
24. Council Order #092113, Discussion and action on matters from the executive session aforementioned in agenda item #23.
25. Executive Session to discuss labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and Ellsworth’s Highway Unit Massachusetts and Northern New England Laborer’s District Council Local 327 in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
26. Council Order #092114, Action on labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and Ellsworth’s Highway Unit Massachusetts and Northern New England Laborer’s District Council Local 327.