The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, April 15, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of the Ellsworth City Council minutes from the following meetings:
- March 18, 2019 Regular Meeting
- March 29, 2019 Special Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Glenn Moshier, for fifteen years of service with the Ellsworth Police Department
- Richard Tupper, for thirty years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #041900, Request of the City Clerk for appointment of Wardens and Ward Clerks for the four voting districts within the City of Ellsworth for the June 11, 2019 City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Special Municipal Referendum Election. *
10. Council Order #041901, Request of the City Clerk for approval on setting the polling places opening time as 8 AM for the June 11, 2019 City of Ellsworth School Budget Validation Special Municipal Referendum Election. *
11. Council Order #041902, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax-acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
12. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- Driftwood, LLC d/b/a Chummies 59 Franklin Street Unit 2B for renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement, Liquor, and Victualer) and renewal of a State Class X, Class A Lounge Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- Ellsworth Moose Lodge #2698, 47 Foster Street, renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement/pool tables, Liquor, and Victualer) and renewal of a State Class V, Club w/o Catering Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- Asset Management Inc. d/b/a Riverside Café, 151 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- The Eagles Lodge Inc. 278 High Street for renewal of a City Lodging License.
13. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 10, Ordinance for the Maintenance, Administration and Disposition of Tax Acquired Property.
14. Council Order #041903, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to write off uncollectible solid waste account balances, per spreadsheet available in the City Clerk’s Department.
15. Council Order #041904, Request of the Public Works Director to approve a lease agreement on an excavator for a term of up to 6 months at an estimated cost of $4,500 per month.
16. Council Order #041905, Request of the Public Works Director to approve a rent to purchase agreement on a sweeper for a term of 3 months at an estimated cost of $9,500 per month.
17. Public Hearing and consideration on amending the Ellsworth Housing Rehabilitation Program guidelines.
18. Presentation and discussion on the City of Ellsworth and Emergency Medical Services partnership.
19. Council Order #041906, Discussion and authorization on accepting recyclable materials from commercial businesses that were previously delivered to Coastal Recycling Corporation in Hancock.
20. Executive Session to discuss labor negotiations between the City of Ellsworth and:
- the Ellsworth Highway Department Unit, Local #327, Massachusetts and Northern New England Labors’ District Council;
- the International Association of Firefighters AFL-CIO, Local 3402,
in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
21. Council Order #041907, Action on proposed contract between the City of Ellsworth and the Ellsworth Highway Department Unit, Local #327, Massachusetts and Northern New England Labors’ District Council.
22. Council Order #041908, Action on proposed contract between the City of Ellsworth and the International Association of Firefighters AFL-CIO, Local 3402.
23. Council Order #041909, Request to approve a sidebar agreement between the City of Ellsworth and The Ellsworth Police Benevolent Association and the Maine Association of Police to amend the Overtime Distribution Agreement.