The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, March 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
In accordance with An Act To implement Provisions Necessary to the Health, Welfare and Safety of the Citizens of Maine in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, as enacted to read: Sec G-1 1 MRSA §403-A Public proceedings through remote access during declaration of State of Emergency due to COVID-19, the meeting will be held live at 1 City Hall Plaza in the City Hall Council Chambers with only the allowable number of participants according to the Governor’s executive orders. Citizens may email questions and public comments on the public hearing agenda items as well as other items this evening to Chair Dale Hamilton at email@example.com prior to and throughout the duration of the meeting. The meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of Ellsworth City Council minutes:
- 02/08/2021 Regular meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
9. Council Order #122004, Request of the Facilities Manager to award a contract for purchase and complete installation of a 60KW propane Generator at the Union River Center of Innovation. (Tabled at the December 21, 2020 and February 8, 2021 Regular Council meetings).
10. Council Order #122005, Discussion and action on EMS Services within the City of Ellsworth. (Tabled at the December 21, 2020, January 11, 2021, and February 8, 2021 Regular Council meetings).
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
11. Council Order #032100, Reservation of the City of Ellsworth’s right to harvest alewives. *
12. Council Order #032101, Request of the City Manager to hold a Special Municipal School Budget Validation Referendum Election on June 08, 2021, for the purpose of validating the school budget. *
13. Council Order #032102, Request to approve a one season extension to the commercial lease agreement with Michael Harris, d/b/a Harris’s Harborside Takeout for a vending concession stand at the Ellsworth Harbor. *
14. Council Order #032103, Request of the Finance Director for transfer of the Defendants In Rem (criminal forfeiture Doc. No. HANCD-CR-2019-01668) to the City of Ellsworth and to allow the Finance Director to deposit these monies into the Police Forfeiture Reserve Account upon receipt of the funds. *
15. Public hearing and action on the issuance of Business License (s):
- The Eagles Lodge, Inc., 278 High Street, for renewal of a City Lodging House License.
- Morse, LLC d/b/a Tag’s Sports Bar 248 State Street Suite 4 for renewal of a City Class A License (Amusement, Liquor, Arcade and Victualer) and renewal of a State Class XI, Restaurant/Lounge Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- Asset Management Inc. d/b/a Riverside Café, 151 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- Ellsworth Moose Lodge #2698, 47 Foster Street, renewal of a City Class B License (Amusement/pool tables, Liquor, and Victualer) and renewal of a State Class V, Club w/o Catering Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous Liquor License.
- Josie’s Country Store d/b/a Josie’s Country Store 126 Surry Road for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer/Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III and IV) Malt Liquor, Wine, and Spirits Liquor License.
16. Council Order #032104, Presentation with the opportunity for public input on applying for a Connect Maine planning grant and approval to form a City Broadband Committee.
17. Discussion on moving beyond Covid and Re-Opening our Community. (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton)
18. Council Order #032105, Request of the Public Works Director to award a contract for center and sideline striping and authorize the City Manager to sign the contract.
19. Council Order #032106, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to accept a bid for the procurement of the pump for the Water Street Pump Station project.
20. Council Order #032107, Discussion and action on the role of Ellsworth within the Frenchman Bay Regional Shellfish Program.
21. Council Order #032108, Discussion and action on approving a Resolution declaring Ellsworth as a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary City. (Sponsored by Councilor Kaplan)
22. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.