The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, January 11, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
In accordance with An Act To implement Provisions Necessary to the Health, Welfare and Safety of the Citizens of Maine in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, as enacted to read: Sec G-1 1 MRSA §403-A Public proceedings through remote access during declaration of State of Emergency due to COVID-19, the meeting will be held live at 1 City Hall Plaza in the City Hall Council Chambers with only the allowable number of participants according to the Governor’s executive orders. Citizens may email questions and public comments on the public hearing agenda items as well as other items this evening to Chair Dale Hamilton at email@example.com prior to and throughout the duration of the meeting. The meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Ellsworth, Maine Facebook page and YouTube Page; as well as recorded and made available live on Spectrum Channel 1303.
Zoom: Topic: Ellsworth City Council Meeting – January 11, 2021 – Time: Jan 11, 2021 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88429305197?pwd=RWMxRmJ2WGo0K0ZYVW9MVjFBTTYxQT09
Meeting ID: 884 2930 5197 – Passcode: 906498
Phone: +1 646 558 8656
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 11/16/2020 Regular Council Meeting. (Request to table)
- 12/21/2020 Regular Council Meeting. (Request to table)
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Special presentation by Chair Hamilton.
9. Council Order #122005, Discussion and action on EMS Services within the City of Ellsworth. (Tabled at the December 21, 2020 Council meeting)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
10. Council Order #012100, Request of the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority for confirmation of the appointment of David Remick as a tenant representative to the Ellsworth Housing Authority Board with a term to expire of January 1, 2026. *
11. Council Order #012101, Request of the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority for confirmation of the appointment of Jeri White to the Board of the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority, term to expire January 1, 2026. *
12. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for issuance of the following business license (s):
- Jeff & Diane Kelly-Lokocz D/B/A 86This!,125 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- GC Pizza Hut, LLC d/b/a Pizza Hut, 211 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class IV) Malt Liquor License.
- ETC, LLC d/b/a Dyon’s, 35 Eastward Lane, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- The Grand, 165 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Other (Auditorium/Theatre) Class III and IV Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
13. Council Order #012102, Request of the Police Chief to renew the Regional Communication Center Third Shift Dispatch Services Agreement between the Hancock County Commissioners and the City of Ellsworth.
14. Council Order #012103, Discussion and action from the Executive Session held on January 5, 2021 per MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.
15. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.
16. Council Order #012104, Discussion and action from the above Executive Session per MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.