The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, September 21, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
• 08/17/2020 Regular Council Meeting.
• 08/18/2020 Emergency Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Daryl Clark, for 20 years with the Ellsworth Fire Department. (March)
- Peter Leighton, for 5 years with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Jane Metzler, for 5 years as the Administrative Assistant for the Ellsworth Fire Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #092000, Request of the City Clerk for approval on the time polling places open for the November 3, 2020 State of Maine General Election and City of Ellsworth Municipal Election as 7:00 AM. *
10. Council Order #092001, Request of the City Clerk for appointment of Wardens and Ward Clerks for the four voting districts within the City of Ellsworth for the November 3, 2020 State of Maine General Election and City of Ellsworth Municipal Election. *
11. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
• Hane Yee, Inc., d/b/a China Hill Restaurant, 301 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, Vinous Liquor License.
• Maine Organic Therapy, 3 Myrick Street – Suite B, for renewal of a Medical Marijuana Dispensary License including a City Victualer License.
• Provender, LLC d/b/a Provender, 112 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Liquor) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV), Malt, Spirituous and Vinous Liquor License.
• Acadia Bowling Lanes LLC d/b/a D’Amanda’s, 25 Eastward Lane, for a new City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Arcade) and a new State Restaurant (Class III and IV) Malt Liquor (beer) and Wine Liquor License.
12. Public hearing and action on authorizing the City Manager to enter into a twenty-year Bill Credit Agreement under the Maine Commercial and Institutional Customer Net Energy Billing – Tariff Rate Credit Program which will enable the City to purchase Bill Credits associated with the generation of solar power from a distributed generation solar project located in the City of Ellsworth for purposes of offsetting and lowering the cost of electricity for the City of Ellsworth and its component units.
13. Presentation and discussion by the Ellsworth Business Development Corporation (EBDC). (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton)
14. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 34, Personnel Ordinance.
15. Council Order #092002, Request of the Water Superintendent to purchase the Ignition SCADA System.
16. Council Order #092003, Request of the Water Superintendent to award a bid for the water department meter reading program.
17. Council Order #092004, Request of the Public Works Director to award the bid for a 3/4 ton work truck.
18. Council Order #092005, Request of the IT Systems Administrator to purchase server hardware.
19. Council Order #092006, Request of the Finance Director to withdraw funds from the Training Site Improvement Reserve Account to purchase a replacement Fire Inspector/ Code Enforcement inspection vehicle.
20. Council Order #092007, Request of the Wastewater Superintendent to award a contract for cleaning and inspecting the sewer mains.
21. Council Order #092008, Request to approve an extension with possible amendments to the City Manager Search Contract. (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton)
22. Council Order #092009, Discussion and possible action on closing public access to Del Luce Stadium during school hours to provide a safe location for student mask breaks. (Sponsored by Chair Hamilton)