The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, October 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting of the Ellsworth City Council:
• 09/02/2016 Special Meeting.
• 09/19/2016 Regular Monthly Meeting.
• 09/30/2016 Special Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
• Peter Austin, for 30 years of service with the Water Department.
• Presentation of Commendations for providing life saving measures.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #101600, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
10. Council Order #101601, Request of the Recreation Commission to appoint Amy Phillips as a member to the Recreation Commission term to expire June 30, 2018. *
11. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
• Louise Joy and Tommy Joy d/b/a Edward Joy & Sons, 129 North Street, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
• James B. Card II d/b/a Jimbo’s Junkin, 62 Kylies Way, for renewal of a City Junkyard/Automobile Graveyard Permit.
12. Public hearing and action on a proposed amendment to the City of Ellsworth Official Land Use Map. The proposal is to consider the rezoning of land from the Urban Zoning District to the Business Park Zoning District for the purpose of developing a Commercial Composting facility. The rezoning includes 2-acres of Tax Map/Lot: 50/75, accessed off the Industrial Road, and approximately 8.1-acres of Tax Map/Lot: 59/14-1-2, off the Mariaville Road (Route 180), as shown on the map (available in the City Clerk’s Department).
13. Public hearing and action on Council Order #101602: Order authorizing the issuance of up to $84,000 of the City’s General Obligation Bonds to finance the acquisition and equipping of two police vehicles.
14. Council Order #101603, Request of the Police Chief to accept a grant award in the amount of $125,000 from the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) grant program.
15. Council Order #101604, Request of the Finance Director to transfer funds from the Exacom Recorder Capital Improvement line item to the Computer Replacement Capital Improvement line item.
16. Council Order #101605, Request of the City Manager to approve a proposal to restructure positions within the Police Department.