The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, September 19, 2016 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
• 08/05/2016 Special Meeting.
• 08/15/2016 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
• Presentation of Commendations for providing life saving measures.
9. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 5, Sewer Ordinance, Article 10, Section 1008: Abatements. (Tabled from 7/18/2016 Regular Council meeting, public hearing was not held.)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
10. Council Order #091604, Request of the City Clerk for appointment of Wardens and Ward Clerks for the four voting districts within the City of Ellsworth for the November 8, 2016 State of Maine General/Referendum Election and Municipal Election. *
11. Council Order #091605, Request of the City Clerk for approval on the time polling places open for the November 8, 2016 State of Maine General/Referendum Election and Municipal Election as 7:00 AM. *
12. Council Order #091606, Request to promote James Barkhouse from 1st Alternate Member to Regular Member of the Planning Board with a term to expire June 30, 2018. *
13. Council Order #091607, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to accept payments on tax acquired timeshare units per the attached spreadsheet and to authorize the City Manager to release said properties through Municipal Quit-Claim Deeds. *
14. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for the following license (s):
• Daniel Potts d/b/a Lakeside Cedar Cabins, 397 Mariaville Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
• Roland Eibl d/b/a Sunset Motor Court, 210 Twin Hill Road, for renewal of a City Lodging License.
• Joseph A. Lusardi d/b/a Maine Organic Therapy, for relocation of an existing Medical Marijuana Dispensary License including a City Victualer License from 9 Carriage Road to 3 Myrick Street – Suite B.
• AARGH Inc., d/b/a Pat’s Pizza, 396 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Alcohol) and renewal of a State Malt, Spirituous, and Vinous (Class I, II, III, IV) Restaurant Liquor License.
• Hane Yee, Inc. d/b/a China Hill Restaurant, 301 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class I, II, III, IV) Malt, Spirituous, Vinous Liquor License.
• Overeasy LLC d/b/a Sylvia’s Café, 248 State Street Suite #8 (Mill Mall), for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Alcohol) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
15. Public hearing and action on an amendment to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, General Assistance Ordinance.
16. Council Order# 091608, Request of the City Clerk for approval to relocate Ward 2 voting place from Your Place Community Center located at 4 Old Mill Road to the Community of Christ Church located at 283 State Street beginning with the November 8, 2016 State of Maine General/Referendum Election and Municipal Election.
17. Council Order #091609, Request of the City Manager to award the bid for a new railroad crossing in conjunction with the Forrest Avenue Extension Construction Project.
18. Council Order #091610, Request of the City Manager to approve a Local Project Agreement between MaineDot and City of Ellsworth regarding MaineDot’s Rt.1/Rt.3 Mill and Fill Project.
19. Executive session to discuss personnel matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6A.
20. Council Order #091611, Discussion and action on the item from executive session.