The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, July 18, 2016 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council: 06/20/2016 Regular Monthly Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Michael Hangge, for thirty years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Kenneth Worden, for thirty years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Gary Saunders, for twenty years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
- Clyde Cushing, for twenty years of service with the Ellsworth Fire Department.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Public hearing and action on the following business license application (s):
Ellsworth Elks Lodge #2743, 317 High Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Alcohol and Special Amusement) and renewal of a State Club-On Premise Catering Liquor License (Malt, Spirituous and Vinous).
Capital Pizza Huts, Inc. d/b/a Pizza Hut, 211 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C License (Victualer and Alcohol).
10. Council Order #071600, Request of the City Manager to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) for development of market rate housing on City owned property located at Shore Road (land only) along Leonard’s Lake on Map 034 Lot 001 and at Sterling Street (land only) on Map 36 Lot 077.
11. Presentation by Kevin Bunker from Developers Collaborative on a proposed workforce housing development to be located between Washington Street and Foster Street. (No action needed)
12. Council Order #071601, Request of the Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector to release the Matthew Corcoran and Melanie Sawyer property (Map 31 Lot 45) through a Quit-Claim Deed. (Land only at Woodland Road)
13. Council Order #071602, Request of the Finance Director for approval to adjust various Capital Improvement Accounts.
14. Council Order #071603, Discussion and action on allowing the Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce to include a beer tasting event as part of the Autumn Gold festivities at the Harbor Park.
15. Council Order #071604, Request of the Finance Director to award a contract to Atlantic Landscape Construction for Knowlton Park maintenance.
16. Executive Session to discuss labor contracts in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6D.
17. Council Order #071605, Discussion and action on ratifying the Local Ellsworth Wastewater Treatment Plant Unit, Local Union 327, Massachusetts and Northern New England Laborers’ District Council Union Contract.
18. Executive Session to discuss the condition, acquisition or the use of real or personal property in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6C.
19. Council Order #071606, Discussion and action on the item from the executive session.