The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, January 13, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 12/16/2019 Regular Council Meeting.
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Michael Harris, for 15 years with the Ellsworth Wastewater Department.
- World Aids Day Proclamation.
9. Council Order #121901, Request of the Public Works Director to authorize payment for motor repairs to the highway 2009 International plow truck #34. (Tabled at the December 16, 2019 Regular Council meeting.)
10. Public hearing and action on enacting Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 62 Taxation of Timeshare Estates Ordinance. (Tabled at the December 16, 2019 Regular Council meeting; public hearing was held at that time.)
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
11. Council Order #012000, Request of the City Clerk for approval on the time polling places open for the March 3, 2020 State of Maine Presidential Primary Election as 8:00 AM. *
12. Council Order #012001, Request of the City Clerk for appointment of Wardens and Ward Clerks for the four voting districts within the City of Ellsworth for the March 3, 2020 State of Maine Presidential Primary Election. *
13. Council Order #012002, Request to appoint David Burks (currently an alternate member) to the Planning Board as a full member with an expiration date of June 30, 2020. *
14. Council Order #012003, Request to appoint Marc Rich to the Planning Board as an alternate member with an expiration date of June 30, 2020. *
15. Council Order #012004, Request to appoint Jeffrey Toothaker to the Board of Appeals as a full member with an expiration date of June 30, 2024. *
16. Council Order #012005, Request to appoint Mike Wight to the Board of Appeals as an associate member with an expiration date of June 30, 2024. *
17. Public hearing and action on the application (s) for issuance of the following business license (s):
- Jeff & Diane Kelly-Lokocz D/B/A 86This!,125 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- GC Pizza Hut, LLC d/b/a Pizza Hut, 211 High Street, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class IV) Malt Liquor License.
- Susan Scherbel d/b/a Dyon’s, 35 Eastward Lane, for renewal of a City Class C (Victualer and Liquor) License and renewal of a State Restaurant (Class III & IV) Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
- The Grand, 165 Main Street, for renewal of a City Class B License (Victualer, Liquor, and Amusement) and renewal of a State Other (Auditorium/Theatre) Class III and IV Malt and Vinous Liquor License.
18. Presentation by the Ellsworth Historic Preservation Commission on the Museum in the Streets project.
19. Public hearing and action on amendments to the City of Ellsworth Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, General Assistance Ordinance.
20. Council Order #012006, Request of the Director of Development Services to authorize the City Manager to accept a grant award of $25,000 from the MDOT PPI Grant Program for a design study to extend the City’s Bike/Pedestrian Trail.
21. Council Order #012007, Request of the Director of Development Services to authorize the purchase of updated aerial imagery under the State’s GIS Orthoimagery Mapping Program at an estimated cost of $19,000, to be funded with Tax Increment Financing (TIF) funds.
22. Council Order #012008, Request of the Police Chief to renew the Regional Communication Center Third Shift Dispatch Services Agreement between the Hancock County Commissioners and the City of Ellsworth.
23. Council Order #012009, Request to approve a consultant agreement with a firm for the purpose of conducting a facility study for the Hancock County Technical Center.
24. Council Order #012010, Request of the Finance Director to withdraw up to $25,000 from Capital Reserves for professional services relating to the Solar/Renewable Energy RFP including legal and technical review as well as conducting due diligence.