The regular monthly meeting of the Ellsworth City Council will be held on Monday, January 9, 2023 at 6:00 PM in the Ellsworth City Hall Council Chambers
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Rules of Order.
4. Adoption of minutes from the following meeting (s) of the Ellsworth City Council:
- 12/19/2022 Regular Council Meeting. **
5. City Manager’s Report.
6. Committee Reports.
7. Citizens’ Comments.
8. Presentation of Awards.
- Marcia Monk for 5 years with the City Clerk/Public Works Departments
CONSENT AGENDA: All items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
9. Council Order #010922, Request of the City of Ellsworth Housing Authority for confirmation of the appointment of Carol Manson as a tenant representative to the Ellsworth Housing Authority Board with a term to expire of September 1, 2024 *
10. Council Order #010903, Request of the Tax Collector to review and accept bid(s) on property located at 16 Fifth Street. **
11. Council Order #010904 Request of the City Planner to discuss and take action on proposed amendments to Chapter 56, which would modify existing standards to regulate solar energy systems and energy storage systems in the City. Proposed amendments to Chapter 56 include the following: Refine existing permitted categories in Article 3, Section 307 Table of Land Uses; Create clearer expectations for solar projects throughout Article 8, Section 823 Solar Energy Systems; and streamline the definition for Stand-alone Solar Energy Systems in Article 14 Definitions. An additional proposed amendment to Chapter 56 will also be heard; Amend the major use site plan development review applicability threshold in Article 6, Sections 603-604. **
12. Council Order #010905, Request of the Finance Director to encumber funds for certain accounts.
13. Executive session to discuss legal matters in accordance with MRSA Title 1, Chapter 13, Section 405, Paragraph 6E.